Sunday 4 March 2012

So that's what a kick drum sounds like

03/03/12

Just got back from womb. It was awesome. Definitely lived up to the hype. Like every night club there was the usual 3:1 guy to girl radio. But it didn't matter, at all. When we first got there, Slim  positioned me in just the right spot, right in front of the speakers. It was the ultimate acoustical position. It was like I was getting a deep tissue massage, the bass vibrated from the floor, up my legs, right into my stomach. The bass in the air pounded my chest. And I realised.

This is what bass sounds like.

It was clean and in your face. We danced, and danced, and drank, and danced, and danced. We stayed till close. To me is still felt relatively early, but we stepped outside from the pitch black club and it was the middle of the day. On the way home my small bladder seperated me and Oscar from Dennis and Brycey. So we just, lone wolfed it, together. I don:t know what we were talking about on the way home. I just know it made zero sense.

We had absolutely no idea how to get back so we decided to walk untill we found a caucasian we could ask directions. But it took so long that we actually ran into the hotel first.




Photo: The blog has gone viral

Before we headed off to womb, we got dinner with Slim's friend Soh and a few others. We went out to a 280 yen restaurant, it was super cheap and super good. We had a great time talking to them. It was strange as they were the first Japanese people we've met, that speak perfect English. Unfortunately I didn't bring my phone out that night, so I don't have any photos D:

No comments:

Post a Comment