Sunday 4 March 2012

"Been here 14 years, divorced for 4 and a half"

29/02/12

It was far too cold to get out of bed this morning. Which was actually a nice feeling, the cold makes it makes the warmth of your bed that much more comforting. I eventually convinced myself to get out of bed at quarter past 10. Ate breakfast, and waited outside Jimmy's for the shuttle to Goryo. We met up with Daniel and his girlfriend Sam. It was snowing a little bit, so we got a few pretty nice rides in, and went to the park for a bit. But I chickened out on all the jumps, scared of hurting my hand or leg again.

We went to get some lunch. I ate at the main cafeteria, but everybody else wanted to mix it up. So me, Sam, Daniel and Sam met the rest of them at the restaurant up the hill a bit.

As we walk towards the restaurant, we are greeted by an incredibly cute, incredibly happy, incredibly familiar... little pup.

Usually a good sign...

I guess we should have expected it, but, of course, it was Paul's dog. We looked inside the window and see Paul chatting away with the others. Well... he is chatting. The others are sitting in what we can tell (from outside) is an awkward silence. We consider running, but by this time he's already seen us.

How he is finding us, I have no idea.

Eventually we escape from his clutches. We have a few more runs on the now soggy snow and head back. As is becoming usual, Oscar cooks up a mean risotto. I do the usual boring stuff. Shower, shave, change, take off my bandaging. After dinner we have another attempt at the clear black...

We also attempted to play the card game golf. Nobody actually knew how to play though. Which doesn't usually help.

We had a few more people join. Quite a few more people. An innocent game of golf, quickly turned into a very sinister game of kings. To the person I accidentally called on viber (you obviously know who you are), I'm sorry I exposed you to that. And to Sammy J, who stumbled into the room last night, twice, both times too confused to figure out how to close the door. If I didn't find your drunken haze so hilarious, you would be in big trouble.






Photo: "Reuben...? I think... I need help..." - Sammy J

I actually just woke up. I'm not feeling great either... I should be getting ready, not writing this. Sorry guys!

Also, it has been brought to my attention that I haven't really ripped on Bryce enough. So  even though this didn't happen today... Here goes.

When we were playing kings. I picked up a 4, which was categories. The category I picked was 'elements'.

We didn't make it through one round.

On his first turn, Bryce yelled "benzene".

Sorry Brycey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment