Friday 24 February 2012

..are you suggesting we dance our troubles away?

23/02/11

The day did not start well for me, I had a rude awakening from a lovely dream, my doona was being pulled away and my muscles were too weak to stop it. Eventually I tricked myself into thinking getting up would be a good idea and got some breakfast. The only option was chocolate flavoured cornflakes, and I nom-ed them up.

We got dressed and hit the slopes on a full stomach. It was the first time we had truly seen the mountain, as it looked amazing. We saw the mountain for the first time and it got us pretty excited. Our first run in and Oscar was tearing it up, actually we all were. Everybody was in fine form. We were actually warned against riding today as it was raining, but I'm SO glad we didn't listen.

I was hoping that I would be the worst in the group and so far my wish has come true, I'm planning learning a lot from these guys. And just because it has to be said, Oscar was seriously tearing it up today. One of the highlights of the mountain was definitely the gondola, which Sam Rogers especially appreciated for the social element.

Blog readers, I know I had a couple of funny moments in my previous posts, and you're reading this thinking: "What's going on? Why isn't this funny? Where's all the funny?" 
Well today, at the snow, did something funny happen? 

Yes, yes it did, and I will tell you that story, without delay, by saying, what I'm about to say, vis-à-vis, the following:

The day was almost over, and had just had an awesome run and I was keep to do one more, so I left the others sipping their hot chocolates as I made my way up the gondola solo. It took 20 minutes to get to the top as the wind picked up majorly and they had to slow it right down. I was actually scared for my life as my compartment swung around violently. When I got up the top, there were some aussie who though he was cool put his board down on the flat, and let the wind carry it as he jogged along next to it. The wind suddenly picked up and his board went zipping away, I joined in with his friends laughing at him as he chased it across the flat. Only just catching it before it reached the hill.

Cool. Story. Reuben.


Okay, so apart from experiencing the best snow of my life, what else did we do...

Well... we ate. Like kings. Lunch was ramen noodles, awesome. Dinner was the local steak restaurant, awesome. Right now I'm eating Vegemite toast that Oscar insisted on making me. Also, awesome.

Bizarre? Yes. 
Tasty? Definitely.

We met a strange man at the steak restaurant and I need some level headed opinions on whether to trust him. So here is the informations. 

-He comes up to us while we're eating and asks us where we're from and what we're doing in Goryo. I thought he was coming over to ask us where he should go out, but he was actually just spruiking a local bar, in way that makes it sound like he is being paid to do this.
-He told us that he had no affiliation with the bar, and then that is is best friends with the owner.
-He mentions at least 6 times that he is divorced
-He says he 'knows' Jimmy in a way that somehow makes it sound like he is Jimmy's evil twin brother.
-He offers to take us on a tour to see the snow monkeys in his minivan. Half price.

I have decided to trust him. For now...

But yeah, if this is the last you hear of me, at least you'll have some idea what happened...


We went to 7/11 on the way home (actually it's called 7/i here) and I got an epic can of beer as well as some of what I think was tea...

Photo: Such an appetising name

...actually it tasted pretty good.


On the way back Sam noticed this:

Photo: Parking tickets. You're doing it wrong Japan.


Got back and attempted to play a game of kings.


Photo: He actually isn't posing


As is usual for me in any game that involves drinkning. I lost.


Photo: 4 of hearts. Yes that is a table spoon and no that isn't milo.



Photo: I demonstrate the correct technique for pouring beer.


We left to go to bike bar, for, as Oscar actually did put it, "a bit of a boogy". We arrived and of course it was pretty dead, but it was a great venue. Our crazy steak restaurant friend was there, but I somehow managed to avoid him. We hit the dance floor and turns out pretty much everybody there was a DJ being paid to be there. I had a good time setting DJ Sammy J up with them and negotiating a gig. I actually got the most pumped I have gotten the whole trip. Sam IS going to play a set here, and dat shit is going to be cray. There will not be one person there who isn't on the dancefloor. Bouncers and bar tenders included. I am personally going to make sure of it.




















No comments:

Post a Comment