Tuesday 21 February 2012

Arriving Goldcoast


20/2/11

Maybe it's the sleep deprivation talking but does anybody else find the phase:

In an emergency the crew will be 'most helpful' to me,

hilarious?

Turns out being last on the plane has its advantages. You don't have to wait around for people like us, and you're one of the first to collect your bag at luggage claim. Unfortunately it also has its disadvantages, namely 4/6 of our bags not making it to Gold Coast.



Photo: controversy at oversize baggage claim causes emotional roller coaster





Photo: Tension is high as our situation is described as "definitely cray"




With plenty of time to spare we grab some eats. Shortly after which I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. A shocking reminder of how little sleep I've had. 15 minutes in the car, 5 minutes on the plane. I look almost as tired as I feel.

A combination of sleep derivation and hunger caused me and Sam to end up being an hour early for boarding...






Photo: Goldcoast used: Change Time Zone, it was super effective. Sam is now confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment