Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mmmmm crispy

26/02/11

Not sure what I woke up to this morning. Maybe it was a phone call, maybe an alarm... We had decided to get up early to go to another mountain, Cortina. I got up and got ready much slower than I should have. Everybody was ready 10 minutes before me and they were worried about missing the train, so they left. Bryce was taking a while to get his boots on so he waited for me. We strolled to the station, thinking we had plenty of time. Ignoring the train we heard in the distance, thinking it must be going in the wrong direction. The station comes into view and we see our train steaming off into the distance.

Oscar and the Sams had made it, Bryce and I had not.

We stood around for a bit, not really sure what to do, as neither of us had any idea where we were going. We attempted to decipher the japanese signs at the station and came to the conclusion that the next train wasn't for two hours. So it was back to Jimmy's house for a nap. 

We're sitting on the concrete at the station now, I didn't wear thermals today so it's pretty chilly. My shaky fingers are starting to make writing on my phone difficult.

Okay, so we're one train and one bus close to cortina, as far as we can make out, there are two more buses. I'm starting to feel like the japanese people we're talking to are enjoying confusing us. And on the rare occasion we find something written in english, it's usually even harder to decipher than the japanese anyway.


(photo: mmm paradox)


I'm home now from an awesome day at the snow. A seriously awesome day. It took forever to get there, but it was so worth it. We found Sam asleep on a chair in the cafeteria area, his arm was in a sling. He had a fight with a tree and the tree won. He couldn't really move so we waited around for Oscar and Sam Rogers to come back. They took us right to the top of Cortina. We flew down through the forest and it was as good as any snow video I've ever seen. Knee deep in soft dry powder. It was so cold that all our clothes were frozen solid, they were crispy, and cracked when you moved.

Everything was going great until, of course, I also flew straight into a tree. Stopping me dead. I fell to the ground and stayed there. It was a couple of minutes before I could move, but I did make it down the hill. Eventually. Once the adrenalin wore off I was pretty sore and it looks like I've got a killer leg bruise coming my way.

But, speaking of killer, Oscar cooked up some pretty amazing pasta for dinner. The Sams and Oscar walked to 7/11, to pick up some ingredients for dinner. It was the first meal any of us have cooked since we got here and turns out oscar is quite the chef.


Photo: we are the providers and we have provode


We're watching driver at the moment and it's just taken a sharp turn to completely messed up.




Photo: also, I saw a goat

No comments:

Post a Comment