Saturday 25 February 2012

Pow Pow

25/2/11

Woke up to Oscar bounding into the room like a little girl screaming "Look outside! Look outside!" It's the first fresh snow we've seen and although it was calm it was coming down pretty hard. The snow is super soft, it's like drifting through a cloud. We're on our first gondola ride now. And after waiting in the longest line we've met since we got here (a few minutes). We're pretty excited to tear it up.
Okay, yerp that was unbelievable. Even though there was a rock solid base, the powder was... just... awesome. That was what we came all the way to japan for. I had some of the best runs of my life. It was like floating through a dream in done parts, flying though untouched snow. I saw my first filling formed snow flake. I had an awesome time. We all did and now we're sitting down having lunch. Somehow the food just tastes better. We are sitting at a slightly curved bar, which Sam Rogers deems "acceptable". You'll be glad to hear that my lingo repertoire usa expanded rapidly. When I get back, don't be surprised if you can't understand a thing I'm saying. I was attempting some Japanese, but all I've got down so far is "shall we dance?" and "thank you". But I guess that's all you really need. I actually tried out my Japanese. Hilarity ensued.

We're heading back to Hacuba47 now and I imagine we'll be hitting the park. Finally the countless hours I spent playing SSX Tricky, are going to pay off. Weow!




Photo: The energy drink for men, MENERGY!



Yep, that was definitely the best day I've ever had on the snow

1 comment:

  1. oh how I love this blog.
    sounds like you're having an amazing time :D

    ReplyDelete